for Indiana & Michigan
We are always accepting job applications, whether we are hiring for that particular position or not. Please feel free to click on the employment application for the state you are interested in applying for and email it to us for consideration.
Employment is subject to many conditions, including but not limited to the following:
an applicant fully completing all required application paperwork
successfully passing any job-specific competency tests, skill assessments, and training
a thorough, clear criminal background check, random drug/alcohol testing, and reference checks (both personal and professional)
verification of past employment history and performance, educational achievement and/or certification or licensure, and proof of identity and eligibility to work
fill out and email to
Plans and provides physical therapy services to patients in their homes in accordance with the Plan of Care and Agency policies and procedures. The Physical Therapist performs functions that require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill and must be able to make judgments accordingly. We are looking for primarily Full-Time candidates at this time, but Part-Time candidates would also be considered.
1. Graduate of a Physical Therapy program approved by The American Physical Therapy Association, The Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association.
2. Has a current license/registration as a Physical Therapist in the state(s) of practice. Dual licensed candidates highly preferred...Michigan and Indiana.
3. Minimum of two (2) year's experience in health care field. Home care experience preferred.
4. Current CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification.
5. Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements with good driving record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Performs physical therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled procedures, and ongoing evaluation for patients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care. Providing services that are ordered by the physician as indicated by the Plan of Care.
1a. Completes initial assessments within forty-eight (48) hours of referral unless other arrangements are made.
1b. Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral unless other arrangements are made.
1c. Performs ongoing interdisciplinary assessments of the patient.
1d. Develops and evaluates the Plan of Care in partnership with the patient. Representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
1e. Documents all findings, plans, interventions, and outcomes and submits documentation to the Agency within seven (7) days or per Agency policy.
1f. Prepares clinical notes.
2. Communicates with all physicians involved in the Plan of Care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current Plan of Care through progress notes and participation in care conferences. Communicates changes in schedule and physician orders to the office on the day the changes are made.
3. Implements teaching appropriate to the patient's needs and within the context of his/her environment and learning ability.
3a. Assesses knowledge level of patient and identifies learning needs.
3b. Plans, teaches, supervises, and counsels patients, caregivers, and family about their physical therapy needs to promote improvement or recovery, symptom management of disease process, and community resources.
3c. Evaluates the effectiveness of the teaching plan and establishes a care plan for others to follow in teaching the patient. Provides patient and caregiver education.
3d. Attends and actively contributes to interdisciplinary team or other required meetings.
3e. Shares areas of expertise among and between teams. Initiates interdisciplinary referrals.
3f. Participates in discharge planning and documents this in patient record.
4. Participates in the Agency’s QAPI program.
4a. Uses OASIS assessment tool and outcome reports to improve therapy services and patient outcomes.
4b. Participates with interdisciplinary team to assure consistency in data collection methods.
5. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for patients and coworkers.
5a. Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
5b. Recognizes and responds to potentially unsafe situations.
5c. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
5d. Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to help prevent accidents and promote safety.
6. Provides supervision of skilled therapy professional assistants.
6a. Performs in-home supervision of home health aides, physical therapist assistants, and other disciplines as directed and according to Agency policy.
6b. Evaluates employee performance and provides timely reviews as delegated.
6c. A visit to a patient’s home by qualified supervising professional, with or without the assistant present at least every sixty (60) days, unless state law requires more frequently.
6d. Patient record reviews, conferences, ongoing communication.
6e. Collaborative care planning.
7. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
8. Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
9. Provides services in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations.
9a. Participates in Agency sponsored in-service training.
9b. Accepts responsibility for personal and professional development and identifies learning/developmental needs to supervisor.
10. Demonstrates appropriate usage of ultrasound machine, based on patient diagnosis.
11. Instructs and supervises Physical Therapist Assistants in certain phases of the physical therapy services they may provide to patients.
12. Available by telephone to the Physical Therapist Assistant at all times when a Physical Therapist Assistant is providing treatment to a patient.
13. Completes an on-site functional assessment, review, and revision of the Plan of Care per Medicare guidelines. Completes an assessment of utilization of community resources.
WAGES & BENEFITS
We offer competitive wages, health, vision, and dental plan, retirement benefits, and paid time off to eligible employees. All interested candidates must meet Agency qualifications and other pre-employment requirements as per state, federal, and Agency accreditation guidelines.
For this job, an hourly rate of pay is provided for Administrative work performed (e.g., in-services, training, business meetings, etc). In addition, a PER VISIT RATE, based on the type of visit made (e.g., PT Daily Visit vs. an PT Evaluation Visit, etc.) is the primary method of pay biweekly. Business mileage is also reimbursable and is paid per Internal Revenue Service standard mileage rates, as announced.
Our company is located in Granger, Indiana serving the local northern Indiana community. We operate a skilled home health care agency whose services include: skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical social work, and home health aides. We are proudly certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC).
Our sister company, also known as Michiana Home Care, is located in Niles, Michigan serving the southwest Michigan community. For this reason, dual licensed candidates are preferred. Both companies operate as skilled home health care agencies with a full complement of skilled services provided. Both agencies are licensed, certified, and accredited. Employment would be dependent on licensure held (Michigan and/or Indiana).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $99,000.00 per year
Health savings account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Clinicians are asked to use and are provided the necessary PPE in order to protect themselves and the patients they are working with against unnecessary exposure. Other precautions are followed as outlined by the Clinical Manager and/or Administrator.
Physical Therapy: 2 years (Preferred)
BLS (CPR, AED, and First Aid) certification (Preferred)
Michigan Physical Therapy license (Preferred)
Indiana Physical Therapy license (Preferred)
On the road
Registered Nurse (RN) / Part Time & PRN
Michiana Home Care is looking for qualified, experienced home health Registered Nurses (RNs) of the highest ethical and professional standards for full-time, part-time, and PRN positions in northern Indiana (specifically Elkhart, South Bend, and Granger) and/or southwest Michigan (specifically Saint Joseph, Stevensville, Berrien Springs, and Niles). You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Performs initial and ongoing client assessments, including OASIS data set, based on Agency policy and standards of practice to ensure effective and appropriate health care services
Develop and establish individualized patient treatment plans, making necessary revisions as needed
Provides skilled interventions with a focus on achieving realistic outcomes within a specified time period
Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
Communicate with collaborating healthcare professionals, physicians, or specialists regarding patient care
Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
Maintain accurate patient medical records
Practices nursing with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences
Participates in ongoing, professional self-development
Performs other job duties, as applicable, and completes assigned tasks within established guidelines and time frames
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) of practice; baccalaureate degree preferred
Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience; home care experience greatly preferred
Ability to supervise and direct members of client care team
Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
Ability to build rapport with patients and their family members
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Demonstrated strong and effective written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills
Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN-ON BONUS! We also offer competitive per-visit wages, business mileage reimbursement or company vehicle option, health and retirement benefits, and flexible scheduling; all interested candidates must have a valid Indiana and/or Michigan RN license as well as meet other pre-employment requirements.
We are a skilled home health care agency, proudly accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) and certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) serving southwest Michigan since 2009 and northern Indiana since 2015.
Our companies are located in Niles, Michigan serving the local southwest Michigan community and in Granger, Indiana serving the local northern Indiana community. We provide skilled home care services, which include skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical social work, and home health aides.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, and PRN
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $24.00 - $52.00 per hour